Announcement: New repo with updated ClamAV packages for Fedora 8

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora at slated.org
Mon Jul 28 18:53:52 UTC 2008

Verily I say unto thee, that Erik P. Olsen spake thusly:

> On my Fedora 7 system I get from yum update clamav:
> Error: Missing Dependency: libclamav.so.3 is needed by package klamav
> I do indeed have libclamav.so.3 so what is wrong?

The error message is misleading. It doesn't mean that you currently have
a missing dependency, it means that you /will/ have a missing dependency
if you update that library. IMHO that error message should be changed to
read something like:

"Dependency conflict: <library>.so.x is set to be removed and updated by
<library>.so.y, but package foobar needs <library>.so.x, and no suitable
update candidate is available for foobar".

Meanwhile I recommend you simply remove klamav and try again, until I
rebuild it and publish it to the repo (hopefully in the next hour or so).

If anyone knows of any other dependants, let me know, and I'll add them
to my todo list.

--
Regards,
Keith G. Robertson-Turner