New support lists?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:41:39 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 23:16 -0500, linux.whiz at gmail.com wrote:

> Not really.  This list worked great until Alexandre hijacked it.  He
> needs to be booted for persisting in spewing all that OT shit into our
> mailboxes after being asked repeatedly to stop.
>
> I used to be ambivalent about the "Free Software" folks vs. the "Open
> Source" folks.  I'd like to congratulate Alexandre for fucking that
> ambivalence.  I now understand why the "Free Software" folks get
> laughed at so hard, so often.
>
> And my opinion of Red Hat is shit now, since they have a
> representative like Alexandre fronting for them.

Here's a quote from the new CEO of RedHat, Jim Whitehurst:

Red Hat appealed to me. Red Hat is different. By doing well as a company
at Red Hat, we are doing good. Open source is a way to focus on the
customer, letting us grow, succeed, and change the technology
landscape...all while doing something that is fundamentally good.
Fighting for open standards and open formats. These things will change
society. I'm thrilled to be here.

See the words "Open Source"? There's still hope. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339