New support lists?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 04:42:28 UTC 2008

> The majority of this very long thread has, I think, bee
> focused on
> correcting misinformation about the GPL.  I don't see
> how letting FUD
> spread about that license, or any other Free Software
> license, is going
> to do any good for anyone.
>
> --

IANAL, even the ones that are can tell that the licensing is a very complicated issue.  I have been in those discussions because I have questions myself.  In many ways it is an excellent license, but it does have certain clauses that in certain situations, you must comply with it or you can get into trouble.  This has happened to companies who have abused the system and to individuals for not complying in some way.
The wording is complicated, certain clauses about you can do this, but if you do ..., then you must ****.  Everything matters and is important.

 On the same token, I have argued back and forth and acknowledge that I misbehaved in some ways.  I ask for clemency and hope that all is forgiven :)

On the new lists issue, I do not agree that new lists are necessary.  Eventually those long threads will appear and it will be difficult not to to see them.  There were the KDE4 ones, not too long ago.  Eventually things got settled :)  This is nature of the list.  We have to be prepared for everything.  I will also repeat one thing that does justice to the list members.  Many are very nice and helpful people that give proper advice and are very knowledgeable in Fedora and other Linuxes with GNU also included.  It is a priviledge to learn from many great people :)

Regards,

Antonio