install woes

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Wed Jul 30 14:35:08 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008 17:09, whoosh wrote:
> thanks for the info,
>

> looking at the Fedora 9  64bit DVD:
>
> the first option is:
>

> vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img
>
> I  tried
>
> vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img noapic nolapic
>
> but that also  was frozen up.
>

> the second option is
>
> vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img text
>
> I tried instead:
>
> vmlinuz initrd=initrd.img text noapic nolapic
>
> that is also frozen up at the:
>
> "disc found   To begin testing the media ...." screen.
>
> can you suggest any other boot commands to try?

I'd try the acpi=off, but I didn't need any boot options, as far as I remember
to get Fedora 8, or 9 to boot, although as I said, I do see that I have
appended the kernel, probably post-install. Mind you that's a different
machine, different hardware to yours.

Although you have FC3 installed with no problems, I would still look in your
BIOS, and see if there is an option to disable acpi, and if so, disable it,
as, as I mentioned, I couldn't boot anything with acpi enabled on this mobo
of mine.

Nigel.