Installing i386 packages via yum on a x86_64 F9 based system

Giovanni Cucca giovanni.cucca at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 17:40:34 UTC 2008

Il Thursday 31 July 2008 18:15:22 Ubence Quevedo ha scritto:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I'm not looking to install the 32-Bit Firefox via yum, because I've
> already downloaded it from the mozilla website.  I'm trying to run
> the 32-Bit Firefox and it is complaining about missing libraries.  I
> fixed this before by getting the i386 version of the libraries via
> yum, but I can't remember how I got the relevant gtk related i386
> libraries I needed.  For example, bugbuddy is one of the dependencies
> I need, but when I did: yum list *bug*buddy*i386, I didn't get any
> results back.  So, that is why I thought I needed to get the i386
> repo information.

[oneiros at sincity ~]$ yum search bug-buddy
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, merge-conf, refresh-packagekit
 * livna: mirror.atrpms.net
 * fedora: ftp.crihan.fr
 * updates: alviss.et.tudelft.nl
============================================================ Matched:
bug-buddy =============================================================
bug-buddy.i386 : A bug reporting utility for GNOME
bug-buddy.x86_64 : A bug reporting utility for GNOME
gnome-python2-bugbuddy.x86_64 : Python bindings for interacting with
bug-buddy

Try to use yum search instead of yum list

BTW, please don't top post.

Giovanni

--
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)