Installing i386 packages via yum on a x86_64 F9 based system

Giovanni Cucca giovanni.cucca at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 20:02:26 UTC 2008

Il Thursday 31 July 2008 20:00:23 Ubence Quevedo ha scritto:
> I think I'll have to do a combination of yum search, yum list, and
> possibly rpmfind.net to get the packages I need.  I just wish it were
> easier to use yum to find what I want without having to do so much!
>
> Thanx for the response...
>
> -Ubence

Maybe I have a (dirty) solution in mind: you can grab the firefox i386
RPM from a mirror, like
http://fedora.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/fedora/linux/updates/9/i386/firefox-3.0.1-1.fc9.i386.rpm
and then yum localinstall /path/to/firefox-3.0.1-1.fc9.i386, it will
try to resolve dependencies automatically.
I don't really know if it will work, but if you really, really want a
32-bit firefox maybe you can try and pray $DEITY that it work :P

Giovanni
--
Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
2.6.25.11-97.fc9.x86_64