thunderbird-2.0.0.14-1.fc8.i386.rpm: installing under f8

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 1 05:28:11 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> What the heck are you trying to show? :)

the '2' is there in 2 'yum install thu*'.

that is, under knoq, i 'f4' to a term, type in 'yum install thu*', press enter.
after install, which it did not, and should not have. i then '<ctrl+d>' out of
term.

i opened next 2 directories, and repeated above.

i admit i am not a good typist, but i do know that i had no fingers near '2'
keys. no reason to.

> The '2' is there again at the end of your command. Why do you add it?

i did not. honest. i have no reason to lie.  :o)

> It must not be there, because there is no package file with the
> name '2'.

i accept your knowledge.

> See?

yes. i see.

> Same applies to your other example.

ok. lets forget about '2'. and i will not even mention how 'rpm' reacted. ;o)
___

i do thank you, and others for your response and help in my getting t-bird up
in other post.

i believe biggest problem in first rounds was that i had something wrong in
install. a few other minor problems went away with new install, so all in all,
this install seems to be holding.

i am now building a fuller install that is going well. after i have it loaded,
i will update and rebuild kernel.

mandrake was a learning adventure that i am glad is coming to an end and i very
much look forward to f9.

thanks again to one and all.

--

yes. i am running fedora 8, using mozilla thunderbird. and it feels good.  ;o)

tc,hago.

.