fire fox saved psswords

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 15:21:21 UTC 2008

Mahdi Foladgar <foladgar <at> gmail.com> writes:

>lost. I have my old signons2.txt. how can I retrev my saved passwords.All my
>password encrypted and my new master password same as old.can any body help me?

Close Firefox and then:
Copy the signons2.txt and key3.dbfrom your old profile into the new
Firefox 3 profile.

Restart Firefox 3 and it should create the new signons.sqlite file and then use
it. You need the key3.db file as well as the signons file to decode the
passwords.

To get your old bookmarks - From within Firefox3 go to Bookmarks->
Manage Bookmarks. Then use the import facility to import bookmarks from your
old bookmarks.html file - it will then create the Firefox 3 bookmarks in
the correct format.  Then use the bookmark manager to move them where you want
them within the tree structure.