Updated NVIDIA Driver 173.14.05

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:51:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Srikanth Konjarla <
srikanth.konjarla at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used livna and got the NVIDIA driver working. However, the laptop
> screen brightness does not work. Anybody got this working?
>
> Thanks
>
> Srikanth
>

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113919
>>>
>>> Does this mean that it would work with Fedora 9 without having to backout
>>> to older version of Xorg?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Yes. Refer
>>

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs/F9Common#Proprietary_.28third-party.29_video_drivers
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> --

Funny; it's been the total opposite for me.  I couldn't get Livna to work,
in regards to my video games.  I would tend to install nVidia's drivers
directly from their site.  The only quirk is ever time there is a kernel
update my drivers go out to lunch and I'd have to reinstall them (no biggie
though).  I actually just installed these drivers yesterday - works perfect.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.."
-Rev1:4