name of program

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:59:58 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Amadeus W.M. <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:
> What's the name of that program that can be used to display stock market
> charts? I first saw it in F7. I can add it to a pannel (right click -> add
> to panel -> Invest), but I probably don't have it installed, because
> nothing happens when I click the icon on the panel. And I did search for
> "invest", "stock", "market", "ticker", "tracker" with yum and found
> nothing that might ring a bell.

Invest is the right name. I  check my stocks with it too. Are you
using gnome or kde? Its still there in gnome but I don't know about
kde. Did you remove any packages from your install that you thought
you might not need? I am pretty sure its part of the gnome-applets
package.  I am still playing with the new kde. Maybe there is a stocks
widget? I haven't looked.
I love the menu. Reminds me of what open suse was doing in 10.2. Not
like the ever expanding menu nightmare that confronted me in f7. I am
finding it pretty usable but after so much time using gnome i am
having to adjust plus kde isn't quite finished with the reworking.
Still soon I will make the transition back to KDE completely. I have
missed K3B and amarok among others(which i notice is missing replaced
by Juk or is JUk a new amarok?I am out of the loop here) Anyway, i am
getting off the subject. gnome-applets package should have what you
need.