Fedora 9 & runlevel 3

Javier Perez pepebuho at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:19:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:44:19 -0400
> Bob Barrett <bobbrrtt at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > I'd sure like to
> > know what other process is running while /bin/login is waiting for me to
> > login.
>
> Maybe you could replace telinit with a script that does a ps to a log
> file, then execs the original telinit?
>
> I certainly don't have the problem on my fedora 9 virtual machine which
> I switched to runlevel 3 after installing it.
>
> --

Bob.
I suggest you use the Bootchart utility. http://www.bootchart.org
It shows the whole boot process after execution of "init" phase collecting
all sort of statistics.
The important issue here is that it shows which programs run when during the
whole start up.

Maybe it can help you find up who is starting up GDM

My 2 cents
--
/\_/\
|O O| pepebuho at pananet.com