kernel update 2.6.25.4-10.fc8 breaking bootup FIXED

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Jun 6 19:46:32 UTC 2008

Well, it looks like after a couple of hours I was able to fix it after
all. Luckily a friend went through a similar issue months ago and
suggested I try and disable any type of power management for the SATA
drive. Sure enough, I found an option for "SATA power management" in the
workstation BIOS, set it to "disabled" and I was able to boot without
any further issues. One thing to note though, setting the kernel append
of acpi=off did not help. Good luck!

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu