Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Jun 9 17:34:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 12:40 -0400, Mike Burger wrote:
> > I'm running Fedora 9 with the Firefox 3 beta.  After start, Firefox
> > reads and writes heavily to the disk (99.99% in iotop) for almost a
> > minute.  Is this known behavior and acceptable or a bug?
>
> Keeping in mind that Firefox is now out at 3.0 RC2 (though I can't find an
> RPM for it, nor a spec file to allow me to use rpmbuild against the
> downloadable tarball), it may already be fixed.

Which (playing a total "Straight Man") begs the questions:

Is there a plan to update F9 to at least an RC version?
Or, given its known issues, are we just going to have everyone continue
to deal with the beta 5 bugs until the final version releases?

I downloaded RC2 and found that, for some reason, it can't see the
network from my system. Odd...

Cheers,

Chris

--
"There's two strategies to arguin' with a woman:

--Cowboy Wisdom