Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 06:26:48 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 6/9/08, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> From: Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Firefox 3 beta on Fedora 9 uses lots of IO after start
> To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Monday, June 9, 2008, 11:11 PM
> On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 10:40 -0700, David L wrote:
> > I wonder why f9 is still using beta after two release
> candidates have
> > been released.?
>
> I wonder why Fedora ever bothered with using a beta.
> Surely users
> should be doing some sort of yum install firefox-beta if
> they want to
> use a beta release, with installing "firefox"
> installing the latest
> proper release.

or
$ yum install firefox --enablerepo=updates-testing

I do not know the correct answer to this question, but I did find the following and a comparison/contrast:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Schedule

This could also be related to KDE4, the only difference is that KDE is a much much bigger project.One can use another browser besides firefox, seamonkey, konqueror come into play.  Sure can use another DE, like xfce or gnome, but many KDE users also ask themselves why this?

Regards,

Antonio

[olivares at localhost ~]$ uname -iprm
2.6.25.4-30.fc9.x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
[olivares at localhost ~]$