F9: Canon LBP2900 no go: "usblp1: error -32 reading printer status"

Colin_Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Jun 10 21:13:52 UTC 2008

Kevin Martin wrote:

>> This couldn't be a usb1 vs usb2 issues, could it?  Have you tried
>> swapping the cables on the two usb printers to see what happens?  Or
>> tried a different usb cable?

Kevin, thanks for your suggestions. I tried a different USB cable. No
difference. I also tried disabling USB v2 by running "modprobe -r ehci_hcd"
in case the LBP2900 had some obscure USB v2 issue. Likewise no luck. I also
tried connecting the printer to a laptop running Ubuntu 8.04, with an older
kernel than F9, 2.6.24-19. Basically the same results.

Tomorrow I will try the v1.7 version driver from Canon Asia, and see if the
documentation has any pointers.

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam