fedora yum repo down?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 10 22:22:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 14:58:27 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200806 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> writes:
> > On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:45:20 -0700,
> >   "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200806 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Is the fedora yum repo down or is my named acting up in some strange
> >> way?  It doesn't look like mirrors.fedoraproject.org is resolving.
> > This might be related to thread with the subject:
> > Problem with fedoraproject.org DNS?
>
> I just checked the main fedora-list list server and can't see it.
> Might you have seen it on a developer mailing list?

Yeah I didn't check that until after my reply. I have all of my fedora
lists go to the same folder.

>    https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-June/thread.html
>
> Do you recall the explanation for DNS problem?

I haven't seen one yet. From the description its the kind of issue you
get when changing what servers are providing DNS for a domain and things
aren't coordinated well. But I don't know if there was a provider change
or not.

I am seeing consistant dns info from a .org name server I checked. It may
be that the cache the person who started that other thread was using, had
some out of date information.