Switching virtual terminals

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jun 11 16:22:30 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:

> Ha! I don't think I've ever tried using the right alt-key. So, that
> didn't occur to me. I've always used the left hand one. That IS strange
> though! Thanks for providing us with what you found! Ric

If I remember correctly, you can map the right ALT key to the left
ALT key, but it is not done by default. For that matter, the left
and right Ctrl keys and shift keys can be mapped differently. (You
can also do things like swap Caps Lock and left Ctrl keys.) The
default mapping depends on the keyboard layout you choose, and can
be modified from there.

Mikkel