ssh connection problems

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Jun 11 17:31:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 13:05 +1000, Danny Yee wrote:
> Since upgrading to Fedora 9, my ssh connections from home are
> regularly freezing.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is not a Fedora/ssh bug but rather some kind of
> problem with my ADSL router and/or connection.  (It doesn't affect
> my box at work.)  But does anyone have any idea what changes from
> openssh 4.7 to 5.0 could be responsible?  I suspect it's going to be
> easier to fix this by tweaking ssh behaviour than by trying to fix
> the ADSL router/modem...

I'm running ssh to my home system with no problem on a flaky ad-hoc
configuration at my parents house.  I'm using an out of the box ssh
setup. I have a dual-boot system with vista that has a hard time getting
a wifi connection, yet F9 is stable as hell.

I would look at the dsl connection to see if you are experiencing
network errors.  If so report it to your dsl provider.

Clifford