javac on Fedora 9, how do I get it? (Solved)

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 15:41:45 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 6/13/08, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: javac on Fedora 9, how do I get it?
> To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com
> Cc: "Lillian Angel" <langel at redhat.com>, "Thomas Fitzsimmons" <fitzsim at redhat.com>
> Date: Friday, June 13, 2008, 8:16 AM
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 08:07 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > In Fedora 8, it got installed by default, now it did
> not.
>
> Hmm.  Tom/Lillian:  did something change with comps.xml
> regarding
> java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel (or java-1.5.0-gcj-devel or
> java-1.7.0-icedtea-devel)?  Antonio says he got
> /usr/bin/javac installed
> by default in F8 but not in F9.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

I found the answer here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaFAQ

<quote>
On Fedora 8 the OpenJDK 7 runtime and development packages are installed by default during any large-media install, such as from the Fedora 8 DVD, under the name IcedTea. If installing from a live image, follow the above instructions but replace 1.6.0-openjdk with 1.7.0-icedtea.
</quote>

I installed Fedora 8 from DVD, and 9 as well, but I might have not clicked on all devel packages :)

Regards,

Antonio