KDE 4.0: icons go crazy.

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 14 15:34:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

Since the beginning (IIRC KDE 4.0.3) I've had issues with the desktop/menu icons in KDE.
My Fedora 9 is updated to the latest rpms.

Basically, some icons are "wrong"

1) the KDE menu Icon is now a REWIND. I've seen it being the F (Fedors) symbol or the K
2) I've got a couple of icons on the desktop and when the mouse goes over them the 4 extra small
icons on the side have changed. The bottom one (for instance) instead of being a red cross is a "pen
over a sheet"
3) in the KDE menu the 3 bottom entries (switch user, lock, logout) have changed to and now they are
all the same (a screen with a PC case on the right)

Soon after upgrading KDE they "usually" go back to the normal state, but then suddenly they change.

Any idea?

Andrea