Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 15 02:42:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 13:16 -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> According to DistroWatch, CentOS is only up to kernel 2.6.18
> which rules it out for newer desktops and laptops

Confirmed.  CentOS 5.1 has 2.6.18-53.1.21 as the most recent update.

I'd been toying with putting it on a laptop, but playing with it on a
desktop makes me think it's best for servers or work horse machines (it
doesn't have the range of toys that Fedora has, for instance), and I
hadn't thought of the issues of trying to run it on new laptop hardware
until your post.

I've played with Ubuntu, but it's so different from what I'm used to.  I
haven't found any good motivation for such a radical move.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.