F9/64-bit on Mac Pro

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 16 10:57:41 UTC 2008

Zoltan Kota wrote:
> 2008/6/16 Chris Stark <cstark at hawaii.edu>:
>
>> As an aside, F9/32-bit only sees 2GB of my 4GB of RAM. On other systems I've
>> used, the 32-bit OSes usually see 3-3.5GB. Could this be a result of the
>> Apple EFI/Bootcamp?
>
> For me, F9/32 bit sees ~3GB on my MacBook Pro. (total ram is 4GB)
> Zoltan

Hi Zoltan,

Just out of curiosity, did you ever attempt to install F9/64-bit on your
MacBook Pro? If so, did you run into the same issue of USB/keyboard not
working?

I tried searching for other people experiencing this problem, and
neither google nor the mailing list archives turned up anything. I guess
there aren't a lot of Linux users out there using Mac Pro workstations. :(

Aloha,