Seems I have some real problems....

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 17 03:36:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 15:29 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> 1) I am no longer able to receive consistent replies from Fedora-List,
>     just "bits and pieces" of replies from various users but almost none
>     from those who have responded to my postings.  I had posted a question
>     earlier regarding MythTV for example, and I found users have replied
>     after searching on Fedora-List web-sites. I am not sure where to look in
>     tracking down and fixing this problem.  Please advise.

I had problems with receiving list mail, years ago, on other lists.  My
rather simplistic solution was to open a mail account on the service
that handled the list mail (i.e. yahoo).

All the ISPs I've tried, over the years, have had fairly poor mail
services, some of them really poor service.  These days, I use my own
domain (with its own mail servers) for *my* mail, and yahoo for list
mails.  Some people use gmail for similar reasons.

> 2) As for Craig White, who did respond to my MythTV question, he
>     says that I should not use livna and to remove all livna installs and
>     to use only atrpms repository.  My question to Craig is, how do I find
>     and remove all livna installs?  I tried to use: rpm -qa | grep livna
>     this does not list all installs by livna repo. Please advise.

Another simplistic solution:  Look at the Livna repo on your web
browser, list the files available (compared with other repos, it doesn't
have a gazillion files to make that impossible).  Compare them with what
you have.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686