Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 00:16:26 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 6/18/08, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 2:11 PM
> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 13:48 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > --- On Wed, 6/18/08, Steve Searle
> <steve at stevesearle.com> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Steve Searle <steve at stevesearle.com>
> > > Subject: Re: Fedora ain't playin' around
> w/Firefox 3.
> > > To: olivares14031 at yahoo.com, "For users of
> Fedora" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> > > Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2008, 12:51 PM
> > > Around 07:14pm on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 (UK
> time),
> > > Antonio Olivares scrawled:

> Government?  We pay
> > > taxes.  Our
> > >
> > > No we aren't.
> >
> > Of course, you would belong to the British Govt.,
> others to the French Govt., There is no World Govt.  :(
> You still now that Fedora is governed bu US. Government
> Laws right?  That is the point I am making.
>
> 1) None of us "belong" to the US Government
> except (in a loose sense)
> those who actually work for it, to whom this clause is
> specifically
> directed.
Okay :)

> 2) Being commercial doesn't mean not being free. RedHat
> and others make
> money from free software.
Red Hat does not charge for the software, they charge for the services that they provide.  At least that is what I have been told many many times.  So now Firefox is not free anymore :(, is that what you are saying.  Opera is Free/but not opensource correct.  So Firefox is opensource but not free?

Regards,

Antonio