Fedora ain't playin' around w/Firefox 3.

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 05:53:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 17:16 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Red Hat does not charge for the software, they charge for the services
> that they provide.  At least that is what I have been told many many
> times.  So now Firefox is not free anymore :(, is that what you are
> saying.  Opera is Free/but not opensource correct.  So Firefox is
> opensource but not free?

Who said Firefox isn't opensource?? I dealt with GSA for years. For the
government to use anything, it has to be fitted into it's category like
a square peg in a square hole in order to be utilized. Period. So, that
bit of verbiage merely qualifies it for use by any Federal program,
according to the dictates of GSA. They can't even use Charmin in the
bathrooms if it's isn't on a GSA list. That's all. If they didn't meet
some "spec" the entire Federal Government would be stuck with I.E.

That's all there is to it. No need to set off the klaxons and worry
needlessly. We spent as much money meeting USDA, OSHA, FDA. lawyers and
GSA guidelines than the product raw material costs. Some boiler plate is
just part of dealing with GovCo. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339