FC 9 Installation IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Thu Jun 19 23:00:10 UTC 2008

Daniel Kirsten wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I try to install Fedora 9 on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2550
> using a DVD.   I use text bases installation due to Radeon HD2700.
>
> When the installation program installs the rpm-packages from the DVD,
> it stops after some hundred packages and gives a long python-related
> error message ending by
>
>    IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error
>
> Then, the installation terminates...
>
> Is there any solution or workaround for this issue?
>
> Best regards,  Daniel

I don't know that I can help you, but anyone who helps is going to need
more information.
Is there a chance you ran out of memory?  How much memory does your
system have?

Is there enough disk space?  How large are the partitions?

The error above means that python was not able to read or write to either
the disk or memory.  I guess there isn't any way to capture the message,
but that would be an important clue as to what went wrong.  Did you notice
anything about the code that failed?  Python usually prints the failing
instruction
on traceback.