Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Fri Jun 20 01:07:26 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

[snip]
> OK, the errors are fewer:
>
>         Opening ALSA PCM device default
>         The program 'realplay.bin' received an X Window System error.
>         This probably reflects a bug in the program.
>         	etc.
>
> So now it's an ALSA problem. Still, it's an improvement I guess. I'm
> using PulseAudio and I don't have problems with sound in Flash, Amarok,
> Mplayer etc.
>
> poc

I don't think that realplayer has a pulseaudio plugin.  When you go into
the configuration
is there an option to select a pulse plugin?  If there isn't, it needs
to work with alsa directly,
instead of through pulse.  That would be why the request for the default
sound device failed.
Pulse is holding it.

Try turning off pulse and running again.

[snip]