FC 9 Installation IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

Daniel Kirsten Daniel.Kirsten at gmx.net
Fri Jun 20 10:14:11 UTC 2008

> I don't know that I can help you, but anyone who helps is going to need
>
>more information. Is there a chance you ran out of memory? How much memory does your system have?

2 Gigabyte

> Is there enough disk space?  How large are the partitions?

I have two identical 200GB HD-Drives. I used various partition schemes.
Once, I allowed anaconda to make partitions, and the error occured.

>The error above means that python was not able to read or write to either
>the disk or memory.

The DVD passed the media check in the beginning of the installation.
Is it possible that there is nevertheless some problem with the DVD.

>I guess there isn't any way to capture the message,
>but that would be an important clue as to what went wrong.  Did you notice
>anything about the code that failed? Python usually prints the failing instruction
>on traceback.

I try to provide more information.

Best regards,  Daniel