Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:41:45 UTC 2008

On Saturday 21 June 2008 00:47:24 Mike Bird wrote:
> The other distros are supporting both KDE 3.5 and KDE 4.x for one to
> three years.  This allows people to migrate once KDE 4.x meets their
> needs.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I have one system that has both 3.5 and 4.0 running.
Compromises are necessary for this, and it results in a system considerably
less stable than the Fedora version.  IMO, Fedora's decision was the right
one.  There was plenty of warning that it may not suit all, and staying with
F8 was always a choice.

Arthur - you wrote "They'll wait till Fedora users and other similar early
adopters have helped iron out the bugs. Kinda like Pulse Audio,
NetworkManager, etc".  Yes, someone has to be an early adopter for bugs to be
ironed out.

Anne

Anne