Can't get flash-plugin working in FF3 ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sat Jun 21 15:43:59 UTC 2008

Hi;

The subject of media has been something I have avoided, so I am a newbie
at understanding what I might be doing wrong.

I am running F9 -x86_64 and FireFox3.  Yum shows me flash-plugin (Adobe
Flash Plugin 9.0.124.0 arch i386) is installed.  Firefox 'about:plugin'
shows me flash-plugin is NOT installed.  After download and installation
I re-booted just to sure and no joy.

What could I be doing wrong? Where should I look?  Is there an arch
mis-match?

Dumb question: Is there a Linux substitute for Adobe Flash?

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2