6/20/2008 updates kill Rhytymbox/mplayer sound

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 21 18:07:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:32 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> I guess F9 has self-correcting gremlins installed. I rebooted and these
> sound problems are not occurring. Furthermore, with 6/20/2008 update sound
> is now avilable with flash for things like youtube videos.
----
on F9, the thing that made sound work was probably getting
libflashsupport package installed
----
> I did install xmms-pulse-0.9.4-5.fc9.1.x86_64 before the reboot.
----
that would help when using 'Audio Player (XMMS)' but I wouldn't think
that would help with rhythmbox.
----
> I also tried setting System-> Preferences -> Harware -> Sound to
> "Autodetect" for Sound Events, Music and Movies, and Audio COnferencing
> (for Sound Playback) before rebooting. However, that did not restore
> sound.
----
I know in KDE, I use 'System Settings' => 'Sound' and put 'PulseAudio
Sound Server' at the top of each category and things just work.

I fired up Rhythmbox for the first time since I upgraded to F9 to see
what is going on and it just works.

Craig