Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 23:53:07 UTC 2008

Mike Bird wrote:
> On Sat June 21 2008 16:11:26 Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> When KDE 4.0 was released in January a consensus was reached that major
> releases of KDE 4 should occur at six month intervals.  Although there
> has been some discussion of four month cycles, the consensus for six
> month cycles still seems to be firm:
>
>     KDE release   -in->    Fedora
>     4.0 Jan '08          F9 May '08
>     4.1 Jul '08         F10 Nov '08
>     4.2 Jan '09         F11 May '09
>     4.3 Jul '09         F12 Nov '09

Hey Mike. Have you ever seen software released when it was scheduled to be
released?  ;-)  Not games (especially games), not drivers, not anything.

Except Linux distro releases. And those slip too.

I am truly sorry that you are disappointed with KDE 4.0. Really. But there it
is. deal with it as it is and wait for improvements. Make suggestions, in the
correct places, and go on.

I don't recall if you replied to my basic questions about this situation.

Did you look first? Live-CD try first? Or just jump in? If you skipped one, or
two, or both one and two, you should be kicking your own butt for your
'problems' and not Fedora's and the KDE team. IMO.
--

   David