OT How to get National Public Radio FM on Rythmbox

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Jun 22 16:09:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 09:46:43AM -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi all and thanks;
>
> On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 05:21 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 23:56 -0400, William Case wrote:
> > > Hi -- particularly to my American friends.
> > >
> > > Does anybody know how to get National Public Radio (NPR) as a feed on
> > > Rythmbox.  I am new to using Radio + computer and I would like to add a
> > > NPR station to my list of stations.  But I can't seem to find an
> > > Internet feed.  Maybe it doesn't exist, but if someone knows how to get
> > > any (North Easteren US -- I'm in Ottawa, Canada) FM station I would
> > > appreciate it.
> >
> > http://www.npr.org/audiohelp/progstream.html
> >
> > There's also a list of NPR stations at http://www.npr.org/stations/.
> > You could stream any of those.
>
> I had gone to http://www.npr.org/stations/ and tried border cities, but
> none of them seemed what I remembered.  A lot of their own programming.
>
> I had visited my sister in Maine a couple of years ago and she had some
> (I don't know which) NPR station streaming to her computer.  It was
> always on low in the background.  It was perfect for listening while
> working.
>
> Loved the car guys.

Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers!

They originate here in Boston on WBUR, but I imagine a lot of other
stations carry them.

I think the best thing to do is ask her for the URL she listens to.

You can also find a bunch of links by googling for "maine public radio".
--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ------------------------ ----
                    Do you not know? Have you not heard?