Firefox3 > Send Link > won't use Thunderbird

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 17:27:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 12:29 -0400, Jim wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
> > Jim wrote:

> >> Boy that sure is a weird  way of  having to set it up, but that did
> >> the trick , Thanks for the help
> >> Even tho I'm not a Gnome user, I think I'll keep that
> >> Gnome-control-center.
> >> Jim
> >>

> > On F8 I am using the REMI version of Thunderbird and FF3 with no
> > issues on KDE.
> >
> Yeah I found that out when I installed it on my brother's x86_64
> computer last night, everything installed without a hitch.
> But for some reason it didn't go that easy on my x86_64 box.  But one
> thing I did find out , by having to install
> Gnome-control-center or rpm "control-center" to setup Thunderbird as
> mail client. That the Gnome-control-center
> is very helpful in KDE,  It closely knitted to Fedora, than KDE's
> Control Center is. So I now have a new Icon on my Desktop.
> Please don't tell my KDE friends that I found a app. in Gnome that is
> better than in KDE.

It has nothing to do with being "better". As I already said, Firefox is
a Gnome application and pays attention to the Gconf database (Gnome's
equivalent of the Windows Registry). KDE uses a completely different
system for storing configuration info. You need the Gnome tools for some
Gnome stuff and the KDE tools for some KDE stuff.

poc