FC9 x86_64 powers off unexpectedly

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 24 01:06:05 UTC 2008

Roger Heflin wrote:
> Dan Farmer wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My system has been spontaneously powering off once or twice a day for
<snip>
> causing some other component to overheat.   Also without something cpu
> intensive running the cpu temp may not mean anything, if you do get
> something cpu intensive to run, that may cause it to fall over fairly
> quickly.

for something 'cpu intensive' check this site,

   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

it was suggest as something for me to try when i was having problems with
system i am on now, but my problems proved to be else where and i have not
as yet run this test.

i would like to give credit to who supplied it, but i had a drive crash
and it took his name and 10 days of email along with it.

do some reading in faqs about what you will be doing and you should come
to a clear understanding as to how well you will be testing your system.

hth.

--

tc,hago.

.