Network connection issue

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Tue Jun 24 02:36:29 UTC 2008

Jim Douglas wrote:
> I am thinking I may have had the "Services" window open and clicked on something by accident....cable modem connection.  Can't browse internet, there are no other computers.
>
> pinging is fine, a remote Ip times out...
>
> Jim

What happens if you go into services and stop and restart the network
service.  I've heard it said on this list that it isn't good to have
both network services and Network Manager running at the same time.
Perhaps you started Network Manager.  I think it is the first entry in
the service menu (it is on F9).