FC9 boot hangs with encrypted filesystems

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Jun 26 14:35:02 UTC 2008

Tim Largy wrote:

>>>  man crypttab
>>>
>> Thanks, but I don't see quite how to select "on demand" in that man page. If
>> I comment out the entry it isn't requested at boot, but it isn't requested
>> when I try to mount it, I get a "must specify filesystem type" prompt.
>
> Anybody figure out how to do this yet? I also have an encrypted volume
> that I want "on demand" rather than activated at boot. Commenting out
> the entry in /etc/crypttab and changing the fstab mount option to
> "noauto" doesn't do the trick.

I'm also still hoping for an answeer. Or suggestion. I was told in a
chat that it wasn't a bug because it was intended to work that way.
Guess I can't report it as a bug. :-(

Kind of make LUKS impractical for anything but dedicated personal use,
and I was hoping to allow on demand mounting of proprietary data.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>