Fedora 9 + wifi + ssh stale connections

Wayne Feick waf at brunz.org
Thu Jun 26 19:58:18 UTC 2008

I've been seeing this a fair bit as well, when running VNC tunneled over
the ssh connection. It's not a stale connection issue, because it
happens while lots of data is being transferred. Both VNC and the
underlying ssh shell hang.

I thought it might be an MTU problem, and tried dialing it down on my
end, but can't control it on the other end. So far, no luck. I
eventually switched to the wired connection and the problem seems to go
away.

This is with the iwl3945 driver. I've seen a couple of kernel oops
messages as well. :-(

Wayne.