F9 Firefox 3 crashing hard [SOLVED]

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Fri Jun 27 15:43:49 UTC 2008

Chris Bredesen wrote:
> Anyone else seeing FF3GA crashing abruptly?  I'm going to disable the
> few plugins I have enabled and continue working.  But I haven't added
> any recently, and this just started today...

I tracked this down to a rawhide version of libhunspell/enchant that
came down with a new XULRunner or possibly OO.org 3 from rawhide.  I
reverted to the f9 versions of hunspell/enchant manually (rpm -Uvh
--oldpackage) and all's good now.

The hard crashes were during TEXTAREA typing (thought not 100% of the
time) which makes sense because there's spell checking there.

-Chris