Sagem Fast 800 E3 usb modem and Fedora 8

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Sun Jun 29 06:58:38 UTC 2008

Frank Cox a écrit :
> Is there an easy way to make this modem work with Fedora 8?  My wife is by no
> means a "techie"; she just uses whatever software I provide for her, and there
> is no way in the world that she will be able to compile a kernel module on her
> own, or anything like that.

The ueagle-atm driver is provides by (fedora) kernel.

http://atm.eagle-usb.org/wakka.php

The only thing to install is the firmware.
Download :
http://eagle-usb.org/ueagle-atm/non-free/ueagle-data-src-1.1.tar.gz

The big problem is configuration.

I have written the french doc for this modem (i have used during a few
years) : http://doc.fedora-fr.org/wiki/Eagle_:_configuration_des_modems_USB

Which protocol is used by the ISP ? (ppoa, ppoe, other)

Remi.