Hardware browser??

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jun 30 17:16:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:30:41 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:

> #lshw
> <snip>
>
>  *-display UNCLAIMED
>                 [GeForce 7600 GS]
>                 vendor: nVidia Corporation
>                 physical id: 0
>                 bus info: pci at 0000:01:00.0
>                 version: a1
>                 width: 64 bits
>                 clock: 33MHz
>                 capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller
> bus_master cap_list
>                 configuration: latency=0
>
> </snip>

	OK, I'm glad to know it can be done. But do I really have to slog
through that enormous, incomprehensible output line by line?

	I tried

	=====		=====		=====
[root at localhost btth]# lshw -short|grep vga
[root at localhost btth]# lshw -short|grep video
[root at localhost btth]# lshw -short|grep unclaimed

	and even

[root at localhost btth]# roor lshw
-bash: roor: command not found
[root at localhost btth]#

	But, as you see, they all just ran, and gave me no output at all.

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers