Wide, flat, & weird : HP w2207h with F8 & F9

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Mon Jun 30 17:51:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 02:35:00 +0930, Tim wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 16:45 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>> (The machine was built for me, to my budget, by an electronic friend;
>> but I haven't found a way to ask it what video card it has, and I hate
>> to ask him to dig through his records (if any) to find out.)
>
> You can try "dmidecode" (it's a command line tool).

	Well, at least some of that is in English. I went through it,
line by line, a couple of times. But all I could see that might be
relevant was this :

Handle 0x0023, DMI type 10, 6 bytes.
On Board Device Information
        Type: Video

	Is there something else I should be looking for?? What I know of
hardware would go in a gnat's eye -- and never discommode the gnat.

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers