OT: Something better than kino?

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sat Mar 1 14:26:23 UTC 2008

On Fri February 29 2008, Claude Jones wrote:
> Jahshaka had a lot of promise, and got a bunch of money a couple
> of years back, including from HP, but, since then, there's been
> more work on the website than on the code

Checking just now, I find this on the Jahshaka website - it would appear that
my observations were on the mark:

"We are pleased to announce that the jahshaka project has been liberated from
its evil benefactors and is now free to get back to its roots and start
building the high end visual effects tools it set out to deliver!

For the past 2 years our project has been held up by a group of sponsors who
had alternative goals when they took the project over......"

http://jahshaka.org/News/p2_articleid/76

I don't know if HP is among the "evil sponsors" to which they are referring. I
had always thought they were one of the better corporate players in the world
of Linux, so I hope it's not the case.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA