Flash for amd64

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Mar 2 16:42:37 UTC 2008

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:21:32 +0200
Gilboa Davara <gilboad at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Ok, so flash will not work *at all* with 64bit firefox?  And if I want
> > to enable/use it, I have to install it, along with the firefox-i386
> > version adn use *that* one when I want flash?
>
> By default, Fedora 8 comes with nspluginwrapper that can be used to run
> 32bit plugins (such as flash) on 64bit firefox.
> I use it daily (on both Fedora and RHEL/CentOS) and it works just fine.

Odd. I find the nspliginwrapper helper app sitting in 100% cpu loops
most of the time with my firefox frozen. Using 32 bit firefox and
no nspluginwrapper works much better for me (and I actually find it
convenient to be able to run 64 bit firefox and know that annoying flash
content won't appear :-).