palm T5 sync jpilot, frequent disconnections

Y Uanlux yuanlux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:28:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a palm T5 to sync with jpilot on Fedora 6 or 7. I have two problems,

1st one, most times it is difficult to get connected, it always show
follwoing errors:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
usb 4-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 6
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71

With luck, when I restart machine or replugin PAD or other(?), I may
get a connection. I nomally sync in this sequence: press hotsync
button, within 3 seconds, click sync on jpilot. Most of times, the PDA
was disconnected and reconnected, as showing below.  What is the
preblom and how to fix it?

visor 4-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 4-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 4-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 7
visor ttyUSB0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB0
visor ttyUSB1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now disconnected
from ttyUSB1
visor 4-1:1.0: device disconnected
usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 8
visor 4-1:1.0: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter detected
usb 4-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 4-1: Handspring Visor / Palm OS converter now attached to ttyUSB1

JPILOT INFO:

J-Pilot version 0.99.8
 Copyright (C) 1999-2004 by Judd Montgomery
 judd at jpilot.org, http://jpilot.org
J-Pilot comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the file
COPYING included with the source code, or in /usr/docs/jpilot/.

the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License.

Date compiled Nov 28 2006 04:20:07
Compiled with these options:
 Installed Path - /usr
 pilot-link version - 0.11.8