"Failed to initialize OpenGL" in Fedora 8, used to work in Fedora 7

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Mar 3 17:38:07 UTC 2008

I have just installed Fedora 8 to replace my Fedora 7 installation.

Most things have gone very smoothly including VMWare but when I start
VMWare Workstation I now get a pop-up error box saying "Failed to
initialize OpenGL".  I didn't get this when I ran VMWare on Fedora 7.

I have an NVidia GeForce 7300 GS display and have installed the latest
NVidia drivers for Linux (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-169.12-pkg2.run).

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?

--
Chris Green