Cups doesn't end print jobs.

John Thompson john at os2.dhs.org
Wed Mar 5 21:14:45 UTC 2008

Tim Waugh wrote:

> Still no debug log messages.  Can you manually change the 'LogLevel'
> line in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf so that it reads:
>
>   LogLevel debug2
>
> and then restart cups with '/sbin/service cups restart'?  Not sure why
> 'cupsctl --debug-logging' isn't working for you.

Ok, "this time for sure" as Bullwinkle would say. The logs are quite
lengthy so I will make them available to you over the web. This is what
cups logs after "service cups restart:"

  http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/cups-restart.txt

There seems to be some process limiting the length of the log files,
truncating and starting a new file. This section is as close to the
start of the print process as I could capture; it literally fills so
quickly that it has already overwritten the first part by the time I am
able to capture anything:

  http://www.os2.dhs.org/~john/cups-error_log.O

And alas, my cups problems seem to be multiplying. I can no longer use
the command line tools to administer the job queue. lpq, lpstat, lpadmin
do not start -- they just sit there until I break out with ^c.

--

John (john at os2.dhs.org)