Can't get bluetooth mouse to work in Fedora 8

Mike Iglesias iglesias at uci.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:50:59 UTC 2008

I just got a Dell XPS M1330 laptop, and have set it up as a dual boot with
Vista and Fedora 8.  I have a bluetooth Dell Travel Mouse, and it works with
Vista, but I can't get it to work with Fedora.

When I turn the mouse on, there's no indication that Fedora has seen the mouse
so I right clicked on the bluetooth icon in the upper panel and then selected
"Browse Device".  The display shows "Dell BT Travel Mouse" and indicates that
it's a mouse.  I select that and then click connect.  I get this in a window:

   Couldn't display "obex://[mac addr of mouse]".
   Check if the service is available.

The input service is running for bluetooth, so I'm not sure what "service"
needs to be available.  Is there something I should look for to make this
mouse work?

Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias at uci.edu
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926
Network & Academic Computing Services  FAX:         949-824-2270