installation / driver

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Thu Mar 6 20:51:59 UTC 2008

We're installing a CentOS 4.6 machine. It tells us no disks were found and do we want to add a device.
So I reboot and do a "linux dd" which means I have a driver disk. Trouble is, I don't have a driver disk.

The Intel dude downloaded the correct driver (mptlinux-3.02.83.20-1) and I can do a build
and I get mptsas.ko and megaraid.ko, which I believe it needs. When I burn them to a CD
and enter as the driver disk it is not recognized. I am sure there is a certain way I have to
create the disk instead of just burning the files but I am not sure how, and searching does
not help.

As the song by the Beatles I am listening to right now says,
Help!

Thanks