Konqueror vs Firefox

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Thu Mar 6 22:25:03 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote:
> I tried your site and loaded "Soldier, militants killed in Gaza" and then
> loaded the forty cartoons that I mentioned. I scrolled up and down the
> whole time that the forty sites were loading without any problems. I
> picked a URL from the page and reloaded all tabs. That would be forty-two
> pages. Still no problem scrolling up and down on the original page.
>
> I am not doubting what you say  ;-)  but I don't see this problem here.

Please don't doubt him... he isn't the only one seeing a problem.  I've
had the same issue across multiple windows and linux platforms.  If
something hangs during the page load, nothing else in Firefox will work
until that page finally finishes or starts loading more or less
normally.  While the page is loading the problem is considerably less
noticable, but if one page load hangs up in the least little way, then
the whole application hangs...  Firefox is still my browser of choice,
but that little quirk is more than a bit annoying.
--
Steve